Monday, May 3, 2021

Tracy Scott PaperArtsy Infusions Mixed Media Tag

 

Hi everyone!  It's Autumn Clark from SewPaperPaint with you today to share a mixed media tag inspired by a recent post by Claire Snowden on the PaperArtsy blog.  Make sure to check it out.  I used a shipping box with thin corrugated cardboard to make a tag.  I removed the top layer of paper from the edges of the tag, then painted it with watery white gesso.  I spread some crackle paste along the edges then used PaperArtsy Infusions in Sleight Blue to tint the panel.  I sealed it with a bit of matte medium then added some sponging with brown and aqua permanent inks to bring out a little more color.

I made a darker piece of paper with the Infusions and stamped a gorgeous blossom by Tracy Scott from PaperArtsy Eclectica stamp set ETS31 onto it, one in black and one embossed in copper.  I popped two of them above one stamped on the tag itself.

I stamped Sara Naumann's gorgeous stamp from stamp set ESN46 behind the flowers, but it is hard to see (the pointed petals show).  I stamped the sentiment from this stamp set onto my scrap Infusions paper and added it along the bottom.  I then added a bit of stencil paste with PaperArtsy stencil PA021 to bring in some extra white and used a white paint pen to add more contrast to the flower centers.  I hope you're inspired by this tag and will break out your Infusions and make a grungy cardboard project of your own!  Hugs, Autumn

Find these and other PaperArtsy stamps at Topflight Stamps today!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10