Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Star Shine with AALL & Create!

 Greetings! It's Tuesday so you've got Kathi here to share a project with you. This week my teammates and I are showcasing AALL and Create's wonderful products!



Both Marilyn images were stamped onto white cardstock, fussy-cut, colored with Copic markers, and edged with a dark marker. They were set aside while I created a background for them.

I recently realized that I tend to use a lot of blue backgrounds, so I challenged myself to create a background using other colors. HaystackPeach Nectar,  and Taro Milk Tea Fresco Finish Chalk Paints by PaperArtsy, which are all lighter opaque colors, were brayered onto a 9" x 12" piece of heavy cardstock. Then Banana,Tango,  and Bougainvillea Fresco Finish Chalk Paint were applied overtop using a make-up blending foam. 

When I was happy with the coverage, Charming Pink VersaFine Clair ink was used to stamp Reverse Stars Clear Stamp Set #485 repeatedly and the panel was heat set. Then Verdant VersaFine Clair ink was used to stamp Newsprint Numbers Clear Stamp Set #434 randomly onto the panel. This too was heat set. Since I was going for a random imperfect look, I used my hand (no block, no platform) to stamp which was surprisingly fun!

The panel was cut in half and two colors of Archival ink were applied over the largest star in the Smitten with Stars Stencil #121 onto the image panel. This was heat set and the sentiment from the Marilyn Clear Stamp Set #475 was stamped on the star.

The Marilyns were adhered in place and two pieces of Washi Tape #6  were added to ground them. The image panel was edged with black Archival ink and adhered to a black A6 card.

If you'd like to know more about this card, please visit my blog Kat's Tales of Stamping!

Topflight Stamps Products Used:





Washi Tape #6  by Autour de Mwa for AALL and Create







Thanks for visiting today! 

Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10