Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Dream ART with AALL & Create

Hi, Connie here with  a mixed media type card using stamps by
 AALL & Create.  I love the distressed look, of these stamps, so
perfect for a mixed media creation. 


I started by building a background with the set #26 / Paint Brushes.  I
stamped them in an up and down pattern using Archival /Jet Black ink.
The stamped background was dabbed in Distress Oxide ink, watered down, to
add color to the background of the card.  A second set, of the brushes,
 were stamped out and then trimmed out.  The cut out brushes were 
clumped together and secured with washi tape/ ponder #3 by
AALL & Create.  The tips of the brushes were painted with acrylic 
paint /Fresco South Pacific by Paperarsty.  The paint matched the washi
tape perfectly. Win Win!!


The words are from the #26 stamps and the #114 stencil.  To add interest the 
card edges were torn and then adhered to white cardstock.  Foam adhesive
was used to adhere the card front to black cardstock.  The card front was 
speckled with acrylic paint /Fresco Iceberg by Paperartsy.


Products used:


Fresno/Iceberg by Paperartsy
Thanks for stopping by~
Connie

2 comments:

  1. The colorations caught my eye, Conni, but your use of that simple stamp of paintbrushes really attracted me to this design. I love my paintbrushes even though I tend to use just a few regularly. They are sitting on my worktable upside-down in a old mug I just couldn't part with(!). You've inspired me to look at some of my more simple stamp sets and try to be more imaginative and creative in their placement. Thanks for your display, as well! And, who would have thought of using Washi tape to keep the cut-outs stable! I will borrow that idea, too, since I have way too many washi tapes and I never seem to grab them but now I will!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Connie!!! I just want you to be a Conni! Just foolin'

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10