Monday, June 14, 2021

Gel Print Masterboard Bookmarks with Tracy Scott Stamps

 

Happy Monday friends!  It's Autumn Clark from SewPaperPaint with you today to share some more masterboard inspiration.  Again, a masterboard is a large sheet of stamped and colored paper that you cut into smaller pieces to make multiple projects.  You can find my first masterboard experiment post HERE.  Both times I have started with a gel print, as I find it is the easiest (and most fun) way of getting paint onto paper.

I used a variety of PaperArtsy Fresco Chalk Acrylics to include: Twilight, Byzantium, Waterfall, Amethyst and Lilac.   I used Tracy Scott stencil PS189 and Sara Naumann stencil PS092 during printing.  I used a sheet of thin tissue paper to blot between the stencil and saved it for adding layers, like how I used a glue stick with a portion of it at the bottom of this card.

The top was cut from my stamped masterboard, along with two bookmarks, which I positioned and cut with the Sue Wilson Slimline Dies.  A die is the perfect viewfinder for a part of the masterboard you wish to make into a project.  Here's my finished masterboard panel, with stamping & inking.  I used PaperArtsy Tracy Scott stamp set TS025, my very favorite set of Tracy's!  


And here are my finished bookmarks.  Note how I added some messy script with a white paint pen.  I have really enjoyed seeing a bright bit of artwork grace my book pages this month!  I hope this post has inspired you to have a go at making a masterboard.  They are fun to do and I know you will enjoy the process.  Hugs, Autumn


Find these products at Topflight Stamps today!






No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10