Tuesday, October 18, 2022

What's Cooking? A Halloween Card!

Greetings! It's Tuesday so you've got Kathi here share a project with you! This week's theme is "Anything Goes", but it's still October, so I've made another Halloween card. This time I've used the The Biters - Jab Collection Unmounted Red Rubber Stamp Set and The Funny Accessories Unmounted Red Rubber Stamp Set by Katzelkraft with the Three Woodland Mice Clear Polymer Stamps and Bats Clear Polymer Stamps by Lavinia Stamps.

Here's my card:

As you can see the cat from The Biters - Jab Collection Unmounted Red Rubber Stamps by Katzelkraft has become a witch, courtesy of the witch hat from The Funny Accessories Unmounted Red Rubber Stamp Set by Katzelkraft. She's either hungry or needs to make a special potion. Being a cat, she's partial to fish, so she already has some fish heads simmering and is stirring the pot with the fish skeleton.  She's about to add a mouse from the Three Woodland Mice Clear Polymer Stamps by Lavinia Stamps to her magic stew.

The witch hat from The Funny Accessories Unmounted Red Rubber Stamp Set was stamped first onto the image panel and onto repositionable label paper, which was fussy-cut as a mask. The cat from The Biters - Jab Collection Unmounted Red Rubber Stamps was positioned and stamped onto the image panel, onto a second piece of white cardstock, and onto label paper. The label paper version was fussy-cut and adhered over its counterpart on the image panel. The front legs and paws from the second were fussy-cut.

A small circle was die-cut from repositionable label paper and placed on the upper left.

When the all the images were masked, Della Blue and Violet Chalk Elements Inks by Lavinia Stamps were sponged over the image panel to create a night sky.

The masks were lifted and the cat, her hat, and her second set of front legs and paws were colored with Copic markers.

A cauldron die was used to cut black and white cardstock. The white interior part of the cauldron was pressed onto the Lime Punch Elements Ink pad. Purple glitter pen was used to color the white accent on the right side of the cauldron. Copic markers were used to color the flames on the cauldron. When all the bits were colored, they were inlaid into the apertures on the black die-cut.

The fish skeletons and the mouse were stamped with Copic friendly ink, fussy-cut, colored, and edged with slightly darker markers.

The image panel was trimmed and matted with grey cardstock. The cauldron was adhered to the image panel, and the second set of front legs and paws were adhered over their counterparts, but holding the mouse and the fish skeleton.

The fish heads were adhered to the stew part of the cauldron. The colored flames were added around the cauldron.

Nocturne VersaFine Clair Ink by Tsukineko was used to stamp the Bats Clear Polymer Stamps by Lavinia Stamps over the moon as shown.

Gelly Roll Bold Line Stardust® Clear Glittering Ink by Sakura was used to accent the outside edge of the moon.

The image panel was matted with lime cardstock and then adhered to a black card.

Please pop over to my blog, Kat's Tales of Stamping, for more detailed instructions and complete supply lists.

Topflight Stamps Products Used:

Thanks for visiting today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10