Monday, May 8, 2023

The magic of spring

Hi there MEL PILLING  here with a spring card featuring the fabulous stamps by HOBBY ART STAMPS



I began today by stamping the nest. I then drew a branch freehand to support the nest.  then I stamped the bird and the flowers below in VERSAFINE CLAIR NOCTURNE .   The smaller flowers were stamped in VERSAFINE CLAIR INK in SHADY LANE and MEDIEVAL BLUE .

I coloured the Wren first with watercolours then with pencil crayons for texture.  I accented the bird with black pen and white gel pen.  The larger flowers were coloured with watercolour markers in yellow and orange, making sure that I blended after I added the orange.

I used a torn paper hill mask and STENCIL BRUSH  with a very small amount of residual ink already on my green stencil brush for the hills.  I wanted them very pale in the background.  Then I flicked up some grass blades with watercolour pens.


STAMPS USED




















Thanks for joining us today on the blog. See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10