Monday, May 1, 2023

Forge your own path - An art journal page

Hello my lovely fellow crafters.  MEL PILLING  here today with an art journal page, starring the Aall&Create  Hares.


..


I used my 12 x 12“  GEL PRESS with a BRAYER . I brayered on acrylic paint in teal, pink and red.  Before taking a print, I draped a fabric ribbon on the press on top of the paint to create a path. Plan where you want it ahead of time. You only get one shot at this.  The ribbon will pick up the paint when you lift your card stock later.  I then took a print with Bristol card stock.   I highlighted the colours on my print using  ELEMENTS INK in  MERMAID and EMPEROR RED with a STENCIL BRUSH. I used a paper hill mask and a stencil brush and flicked downwards with MULBERRY.

I roughly, stamped my hares on the page, then again on clean Bristol card.    Before fussy cutting the sitting hare, I drew in the base of the hare so that I could have his feet on the path.  I water coloured and fussy the two hares to glue over the hares on the project. This way you get all the fine details from the initial stamping on the project.

I shaded the ribbon path with Indian ink or alcohol pens you could do it with watercolours also. Then I outlined the ribbon in black pen for impact against the colour. I stencilled patterns on randomly with moulding paste and let dry.  I also stamped texture on the background  randomly using VESAFINE CLAIR Nocturne and hi-lighted those with a white gel pen. Then  shadowed the hares with a grey India ink pen.

I stamped the LAVINIA STAMPS spotty toadstools onto the project, then stuck on the fussy cut and watercoloured toadstool caps.

The sentiment is by HOBBY ART STAMPS . 


STAMPS USED
















I love doing art journal pages because there are no rules.  You can let your creativity run free and see what happens. You don’t really know where you are going till you get there.  I hope you give this a try. 

Thanks for joining us today on our blog. See you soon.











No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10