Monday, May 29, 2023

The morning commute

Hello there lovely crafting people. MEL PILLING here today, with this bright bookmark featuring the beautifully detailed ocean themed stamps by Crafty Individuals.  I feel bookmarks are a wonderful gift for those of your friends who still like to read real books.  To me, there is nothing like the feeling of getting a new book and having a beautiful new fresh bookmark to slip inside.




This bookmark measures 11 x 3 1/2“.  I used a 12 x 12”   Gelli Plate with ELEMENTS INK in  BLUE LAGOON .  I splashed this with water lightly using a FAN BRUSH  and took a print.  Once dry, I used a STENCIL BRUSH to strengthen the colour at the bottom in Blue Lagoon, BLUE ATOLL  and some Distressed Ink in Prize Ribbon.

I ‘smooshed’ Elements Ink in CONFETTI , LIME PUNCH  and RUSSET ORANGE   on to clean card.  Smooshing is when you stamp your ink pads directly onto your craft surface. Spray with water move the edges just slightly with your finger so you don’t have straight lines.  Then dip your card stock in to the pools of colour. Make sure you dry your card each time between smooshing so you don’t muddy the colors. 

When this was dry, I stamped the fish on top using VERSAFINE CLAIR NOCTURNE  then I fussy cut the fish out. I also stamped the hats on clean card stock and fuzzy cut.  I stuck the hats on the fish then the fish on the bookmark.

I stamped the seagull onto the bookmark first, then onto clean card. I water coloured him with watercolour markers then fussy cut just the bird and stuck it on the bookmark.  I extended the Piling underneath the water and coloured it with a lighter tone underneath the surface of the water to give the impression it was underwater.  I then drew some grasses.  I backed all this with black card stock and added ribbons in similar shades.

CRAFTY INDIVIDUALS STAMPS USED









Adding a personal message with white pen on the back, I believe,  adds value to your bookmark when giving it as a gift.  

Thanks for dropping by the Topflight Stamps blog today. See you soon.




No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10