Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Namaste!

Greetings! Kathi here on this lovely Tuesday to share a project with you! This week my lovely and talented TFS teammates and I are featuring products by Darkroom Door.

I don't know if it's worldwide current events or my usual pursuit of a sense of calm, but the imagery and the sentiments included in the Meditation Cling Rubber Stamp Set really resonates with me. 

Here's my card.


I'm going to apologize because I think that lately I've in in a rut technique wise. My mats are wonky too. Oops.

Now that I've gotten those issues addressed, I'll tell you how I created this card. I stamped one of the meditating figures from the stamp set onto mixed media cardstock and onto masking paper. The masking paper was fussy-cut and placed over its counterpart.

To create the sky, blue ink was sponged ink over the clouds portion of the clouds portion of the Great Outdoors Stencil by Polkadoodles. The stencil was moved down the image panel and ink was sponged over it again. This process was repeated until I was happy with the sky. 

I always add a bit of pink to my cloudy skies, so the above process was repeated with pink ink.

Green ink was sponged over a mountain stencil that I had in my stash. I tore a piece of white scrap cardstock, then sponged green inks along the edges to create a foreground.

The Wellbeing Stencil by Darkroom Door was placed over the masked image and the stenciled image panel.The same blue ink was sponged over the stencil onto the image panel. 

The mask over the meditating figure was lifted and set aside for another use. The image was colored with Copic markers. The image panel was matted with black cardstock and then adhered to a blue card.

If you'd like to know more about this card, please hop over to my blog, Kat's Tales of Stamping

Topflight Products Used:








Thanks for visiting today! See you next Tuesday!


No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10