Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Toucan Tag

Greetings! It's Tuesday, which means that it's Kathi here to share a project. Yesterday I received a package containing irresistible new stamps by AALL and Create and some other goodies. Usually, I admire the stamps and such for a while and let ideas percolate. However, this time I had the overwhelming urge to create a project immediately using the fabulous toucan stamp from Navigate Home (#323) Clear Stamp Set by Bipasha, which has four awesome collage-style stamps. 

Here's the tag that I created, which as I look at it, might need a sentiment or something on the upper right. I'll need to percolate on that. I also used my new Map 6x6 Stencil by 13@RTS, the Great Outdoors 6x6 Stencil by Polkadoodles, and Prism inks by Hunkydory Crafts.


I did a quick Google search to check out the colors of toucans and was surprised that there were so many different kinds. The one featured above is a Toco Toucan and has beautiful blue eyes (which aren't showing up well in the photo), a red/orange patch on his belly, and blue legs and talons. So cool.

Anyway, I followed my usual procedure of stamping the toucan image onto the white metallic cardstock from the Creative Collection Pack by Neenah and onto masking paper. I fussy cut the toucan and the ship's wheel masking paper versions, then placed the masks over their counterparts. Blue, pink, and yellow Prism inks were sponged over the clouds portion of the Great Outdoors stencil. When I was happy with the coverage, I replaced the clouds stencil with the maps stencil and sponged blue ink over it. I should mention that the combination of Prims inks and metallic paper produces a lovely shimmery effect. 

The masks were lifted and I colored the image with Copic markers. When I was done, I decided to trim the image panel a bit and make it into a tag. 

If you'd like to learn more about this tag, please visit my blog, Kat's Tales of Stamping.

Topflight Stamps Products Used:












Thanks for visiting today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10