Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Never Too Late!

Greetings! It's Kathi here with an encouragement card. I like making this kind of cards to send to my daughter, friends, and family. You never know when people might need an uplifting message, especially lately. 


Here's my card:


I decided to try something a bit different to create this card. I pulled out my 5" x 7" Gel Press, dripped some drops of Spun Sugar Distress Re-Inker onto it, misted it with water, then sprinkled Yellow, Yellow Ochre, White, and Orange Brusho Crystals onto the Gel Plate, misted it lightly, and pressed a piece of mixed media paper onto the gel plate. I repeated the process again to pull a second print. Both prints were misted with water to further activate the crystal and clean sheets of mixed media paper were pressed onto the prints to transfer the color. 

I decided that the prints were a bit blah, so I sprinkled Prussian Blue and Purple Brusho Crystals onto the prints and misted all four prints with water to activate the color crystals. I heat set them until they were dry. They needed to be flattened out, so I sandwiched them between clean sheets of paper, placed the sandwich onto the Big Shot platform,  added both cutting plates over them, and cranked them through the machine several times. 

Background Clocks was stamped with Onyx Black VersaFine Ink onto one of the gel prints, then heat set. It was trimmed down, edged Black Shimmer Delicata Ink, and matted with blue cardstock.

Another gel print was die-cut, then the sentiment, from the Dreamer Sentiments set, was stamped with Onyx Black VersaFine Ink onto it. The panel was edged with Black Shimmer Delicata ink, double matted, and adhered to the 5"x7" card. The matted clock panel was adhered as shown.

White metallic paper from the Premium Metallic Creative Collection Cardstock and vellum that had been backed with double sided tape were cut with a hourglass die. The white cardstock was colored with a black marker, which made its shimmer match the edges of the layers. Tiny beads were added to the adhesive on the vellum hourglass die-cut and a second vellum hour glass die-cut was adhered to its counterpart. The assembled hourglass was added to the card using dimensional foam adhesive.

Please visit my blog, Kat's Tales of Stamping, to find out more about my card.

Topflight Products Used:




















Thanks for visiting today! See you next Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10