Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Have a Magical Adventure!

Hi there! It's Kathi here sharing a project. This week my lovely teammates and I are sharing projects made with stencils. Topflight Stamps carries lots of wonderful stencils by a variety of companies, so you should mosey over there, have a magical adventure discovering new stencils.


Here's my project.


The Steampunkesque Cling Rubber Stamp Set has four wonderful Steampunk images and three sentiments.

I chose the flying man image, which is kind iconic. If you have a Trader Joe's supermarket near you, they used to have that image on their shopping bags. Anyway, I stamped the image onto white cardstock and onto mask paper. The mask was fussy-cut and placed over its counterpart on the image panel.

Periwinkle Prism Ink was sponged over the clouds portion of the Great Outdoors Stencil by PolkaDoodles. I start at the top and work my way downwards. I then went back and did the same thing, a bit more randomly Pink Jellybean Prism Ink. 

When I was happy with the coverage, the stencil was removed and I placed the Kay Carley PS080 Stencil by PaperArtsy stencil at the base of the image panel and sponged  Rainforest GreenDusky RoseFire CoralPurple Velvet Prism Ink by Hunkydory Crafts over it.

The mask was lifted and the image was colored with Copic markers and some glitter pens. The image panel was matted with silver cardstock, then set aside while I worked on the background for the piece. 

Moving from left to right, several colors of Distress Oxide inks were sponged over the Cogged Up Stencil onto Silver Metallic Cardstock and heat set. The piece was trimmed into three pieces and edged with more Distress Oxide Inks, adhered to black cardstock, then matted as shown.

Black Modeling Paste was scraped over the Journey Stencil onto die-cut black cardstock. The stencil was removed and silver embossing powder was sprinkled onto the wet paste. The excess powder was dumped off, and the sentiment was heat set. An embossing pen was used to add some fluid randomly to the letters, then rust embossing powder was applied, removed, then heat set. The sentiment was matted with silver cardstock, then it and the image panel were added to complete the piece.

If you're curious about this project, I will have some step-out photos and a more complete (totally boringly verbose) set of instructions on my blog, Kat's Tales of Stamping

Topflight Products Used:










The Cogged Up Stencil by Andy Skinner for Creative Expressions






Thanks for visiting! See you next Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10