Sunday, July 4, 2021

Let Freedom Sing 4th of July Card

 

Hello everyone and happy Independence Day weekend!  It's Autumn Clark with you to share a little holiday inspiration featuring some gorgeous stamps by Darkroom Door, available in the Topflight Stamps shop.  This weekend we are having a super sale with 20% off orders of $30 or more and always free shipping with an order above $75.

 

This idea just popped in my head and I was happy to see it become a reality.  I embossed the Garden Birds and Fine Leaves in white onto Strathmore Mixed Media paper, then colored with Prism Brush Markers and a water brush.  I've tried several papers to see which works best with these markers and this is by far my favorite.  It doesn't wad up as you add more and more layers of watercolor and it is nice and thick so that your fussy cuts don't flop about when you layer.

I hand wrote my sentiment using the Wow! Embossing Pen, embossed it in white and colored over it with markers, blending with the water brush.  Even not so great handwritting works with this card because of the sketchy imagery.

Next, I embossed the Sketch Stars on my card panel and then spritzed with water and began to puddle Distress Inks in the center, letting the colors bleed out to the edges, dabbing and spritzing as I went.  I really like this effect.  And here's my tweet little 4th of July card!  I hope it makes you smile and want to get stamping.  Happy 4th friends, Autumn

Find these Darkroom Door stamps at Topflight Stamps!

 

 
 


2 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning.
    I love how bright and colourful your card is, especially with the green leaves.
    Very clever and inventive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I am so happy you enjoyed it! It was really fun to make. xx, Autumn

      Delete

01 09 10