Monday, July 12, 2021

Lynne Perrella Poinsettia Christmas Card

 

Hi everyone!  It's Autumn Clark from SewPaperPaint with you to kick off our week of Christmas in July inspiration.  If you are like me and send handmade Christmas cards to friends and family, well you need to get a jump on your crafting.  So Donna is offering a fabulous sale to get us all inspired, with 20% off Christmas and winter themed products in the shop.  See the selection HERE.  To get myself in the Christmas mood, I chose a palette of traditional rich red and winter green for today's card.


I dyed some papers to work with using Distress Inks and tea for the focal image, my absolute favorite Lynne Perrella stamp set LPC018.  For my main card panel, I stamped the script top of the small building stamp repeatedly on my background for interest.  I then mixed some Versamark ink with a bit of water and splashed it on my panel and embossed the splashes with Stampendous Frantage embossing powder.  

I used my extra inky papers to do some die cutting (Tim Holtz dies), then stitched around my focal image and layered with some old hymnal page.  I mounted the panel onto sanded metallic kraft core paper.  The finishing touch is the gorgeous scripty sentiment by Darkroom Door from the Christmas Bush stamp set, also stamped on tea stained paper.  I love this font!  I hope this card has inspired you to get a start on your Christmas cardmaking.  Make sure to check out the sale at Topflight Stamps.  Hugs, Autumn

Shop these and other products today:


No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10