Sunday, July 18, 2021

Lavinia Stenciled Sea Turtle with Brusho Powders

 

Hi friends, it's Autumn Clark from SewPaperPaint with you today to share a fun summertime card featuring this gorgeous Crafty Individuals Sea Turtle stamp.  I had a play with the lovely new Lavinia Elements Dye Ink Pads, brayering Blue Lagoon onto my Gel Press printing plate.  This is a fun technique Lavinia shares on their YouTube and Instagram pages.  Once I brayered the ink, I then splashed on heavily diluted Brusho pigment powders onto the gel plate using a fan brush.  This creates all of those lovely splashy pools on your paper, all tinted with your base color.  I took the ink that was left on my brayer and did a second panel.  You can see how much lighter it is in the background, but perfectly coordinated.  I used the Crealies XXL Square Stitched Nesting dies to cut the center of the lighter panel and saved it for another project.  I then cut the top panel with the next larger die so it would overlap and not show my cutaway.  This is a great trick to maximize those precious inky papers!

I wanted to create a little more depth so I stenciled more Mermaid Elements ink through the Lavinia Flora stencil.  I finished the design by embossing a portion of the Make Art Sentiment Strip stamp by Darkroom Door in white and adding a few details with a white paint pen.  I love this technique and hope you will too!  Hugs, Autumn

Grab these cool supplies today!

 




 


No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10