Tuesday, December 28, 2021

2022 Calendar -- New Beginnings!

Greetings!  It's Tuesday so it's my day to share a project with you. This week my teammates and I are celebrating the new year and/or new beginnings. I decided to make a calendar card that was created with the appropriately named New Beginnings Unmounted Rubber Stamp #578 by Crafty Individuals, which features a wonderful hatching baby dragon. I also used the Mystic Swirl Clear Polymer Stamp by Lavinia Stamps to make the background paper with Confetti and Della Blue Elements Inks by Lavinia Stamps.

Here's my card, which stands up on its own and fits into an A7 envelope. 




The image was stamped onto Cryogen White cardstock which has a shimmer to it and works really well with dye inks and Copic markers. 

Here's a close-up photo that I took to show the shimmery color. 


Confetti and Della Blue Elements Inks by Lavinia Stamps were smooshed onto my craft mat, spritzed with water, then mixed media cardstock was dipped into it until I was happy with the coverage.

While it was still wet, I used the 2" Speedball Brayer to apply Della Blue Elements Ink to a piece of shiny finished crocodile textured specialty paper, placed the wet inked cardstock against the inked textured paper, placed that atop the platform of my Big Shot, added the cutting plates, then cranked the sandwich through the machine a few times which successfully transferred the crocodile pattern to the inked paper. 

I've grown quite fond of the Mystic Swirl Clear Polymer Stamp by Lavinia Stamps and used it to further adorn the background panel.

The card was assembled, the calendar was added, and I called it done!

Please visit my blog, Kat's Tales of Stamping, for detailed instructions and complete supply lists.


Topflight Stamps Products Used:








Thanks for visiting today! See you next year!


No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10