Monday, December 27, 2021

AALL & Create New Years Card with Tracy Evans Blackbird & Stars


Hi friends!  It's Autumn Clark from SewPaperPaint with you today to share a fun little New Year's Card featuring gorgeous stamps by Tracy Evans for AALL & Create, Blackbird stamp set 530.  I immediately fell in love with this new stamp set of Tracy's and couldn't wait to use it for New Years, which is our theme this week on the Topflight Stamps blog.

I thought I'd try something a little different for me and used my ink blending brush on a Bristol panel to blend Scattered Straw, Weathered Wood and Black Soot Distress Inks to create a halo effect.  I then splashed the panel with water and dried it, then splashed on Glimmer Mist in Bronze Penny and Silver Dollar by opening the cap and splashing with the reservoir, drying between each color.  Finally I stamped the stars onto the panel in black and again on a black panel, embossing in gold.  I fussy cut the stars and mounted them and added a stamped blackbird and a label tape sentiment.  I hope this card gets your wheels turning for your own New Year's designs.  xx, Autumn

Happy New Year from Topflight Stamps!


No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10