Sunday, December 12, 2021

Enjoy the Magic this Holiday Season!

Greetings! It's Kathi  here today!  I love the challenge of making holiday projects with non-holiday themed products. Earlier this week I shared a Christmas card created with Crafty IndividualsTrilby Cats Unmounted Rubber Stamp, a fabulous cat stamp, albeit not Christmas themed. 

Since I still had my Crafty Individuals binder out, I decided to make another holiday card using another non-holiday themed stamp. This time I used the Gentle Dragon Unmounted Rubber Stamp.

Here's the card!



The Gentle Dragon Unmounted Rubber Stamp by Crafty Individuals was stamped with Memento ink onto white cardstock, colored with Copic markers, and set aside.

True confession time. My Pine and Lime Punch Elements Inks by Lavinia Stamps and my Emerald Green Brusho Crystal Colours by Colourcraft hadn't been put away since my last card. So I re-used them to create a panel. The green didn't quite match my dragon, so I sponged Evergreen Prism Ink by Hunkydory Crafts here and there, then spritzed the inks to move them around.

I wanted to add a touch of gold to the panel, so I spritzed it with metallic gold spray ink. The panel was trimmed, heat set, then die-cut to create a frame for the dragon.

Metallic bronze ink was used to randomly stamp the  Mystic Swirl Clear Polymer Stamp by Lavinia Stamps around the aperture, then used to edge the panel.

Onyx Black VersaFine Ink by Tsukineko was used to stamp the sentiment from the Holiday Sentiment Duos Clear Stamp Set by Heffy Doodle onto the die-cut left from the frame. The ink was heat set, then a banner die was used to cut the sentiment, and edged with bronze ink.

The dragon image panel was adhered behind the frame, which was then adhered to a bronze metallic card.  The sentiment was adhered using glue on the ends and dimensional foam squares in the center to give it some bendy dimension.

Please pop over to my blog, Kat's Tales of Stamping, for detailed instructions and complete supply lists.

Topflight Stamps Products Used:





Thanks for visiting today! See you soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10