Monday, December 13, 2021

Crafty Individuals Jolly Robin Christmas Bird Card

 

Hi friends!  It's Autumn Clark from SewPaperPaint with you today to share a bright and cheery Christmas card featuring gorgeous stamps by Crafty Individuals.  I made an inky ombre background with Wendy Vecchi Make Art ink pads in Tea Rose, Poppy and Thistle, then stamped the Jolly Robin in the center.  I stamped him again on another panel and watercolored both the bird and treeline, and fussy cut them.  I filled my background in by stamping the Counting Down background stamp partially here and there. 

To add extra detail, I used the Totally Dotty stencil by AALL & Create to draw in some extra circles with a white gel pen.  I outlined some of the circles with Stickles glitter glue.  I gave the panel a hearty splash of white gesso and colored in the wording with the white gel pen, adding some sentiment stickers for contrast.  Then I layered the fussy cut bird on with dimensional tape.  I stained a bit of seam binding to match and adhered a loopy bow.  I hope you're inspired by this non-traditional card!  xx, Autumn

Shop Topflight Stamps today!



No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10