Sunday, April 3, 2022

Simple Lavinia Stamped Hare Scene Card Trio

 

Hello friends!  It's Autumn Clark from SewPaperPaint with you today to share another trio of bunny card designs featuring Lavinia Stamps. Make sure to check out part one, with three different card designs HERE.  My first card was made with simple ink blending, working in somewhat of a circular motion to keep the center light.  I used Bermuda and Violet Chalk Elements Dye Ink Pads with a blending brush.  I added some flecks of water to make a speckled look to the sky and wiped with a dry cloth, then I stamped one of my very favorite images, Wild Vines in Bermuda.  I really like adding these squiggly type of stamps in the sky for interest. 

For my focal element I stamped Midnight Meandering Bunnies in Versafine Onyx Black.  Then I stamped the Foxgloves in a combination of Della Blue and Violet Chalk.  I stamped the Forest Spruce stamp upside down to make some grass along the center using Bermuda.  Finally, I stamped the dangling Fairy Charms (heart) in Mulberry.  I added dots and highlights with my white Posca marker.  Because these are dye based inks, you have to be a little careful applying Stickles, but what a beautiful result it achieves!  My trick is to squeeze out a small blob on my kraft mat and use my pinky to lift a tiny bit and dab over my flowers, etc.  It's hard to see this in the photos, but using the clear Stickles glitter glue really adds a beautiful shine to your finished pieces, as well as a touch of whimsy.

For my second card, I also did some ink blending.  I started with Sundance Elements ink in the center, then brushed Della Blue around it.  Next, I used a torn sheet of paper to mask and sponge my grass in Olive.  I made some puddles of Olive and Della Blue and splashed them over the coordinating color on my panel.  Then I had a fun time making an arch using the Berry Wreath stamp set.  I stamped the vines in Bermuda and then stamped the berries in Violet Chalk.  This is such a versatile set because the berries can be used as fillers in lots of ways and the vines can be used as ground cover. 

For my focal image, I stamped Lori and one of the Forest Hares in front of my sunshine.  Now, this is a really sweet card, but I wanted to add a little quirk to it, so I made grass from the very tips of the Wild Vines stamp.  It just looks so fun to me!  I finished with lots of white Posca paint details and more stickles.  The sentiment was stamped from the Heartfelt Verses set

My last card is smaller and very simple.  I used Bermuda Elements ink to sponge in a circular effect, then again to mask my hills.  Then I stamped Whimsical Whisps in Della Blue repeatedly, using first and second generation stamping for depth.  I used the above mentioned berries from the Berry Wreath stamp set to fill in some color using Mulberry and the Fairy Charms too.  Some water splatters and white dots finish it off. 

My focal for this one is from the Wild Hares stamp set.  There are a lot of bunny stamps indeed, but often they work together from set to set and help you create such a variety of scenes.  I certainly hope these designs have inspired you today.  Hugs, Autumn

Shop for Lavinia Stamps & Inks today at Topflight Stamps!












No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10