Saturday, April 8, 2023

Foxes at midnight

Hello all MEL PILLING here today with a small journal page I made, to practice making night   Skies. 

. 


To start, I tore two pieces of copy paper and made hill masks, one steep hill, one less so.  I used the top and the bottom of these templates.  First, I masked off the top hills from below and used a circle template for the moon.  with both in place, I blended in the sky, using ELEMENTS INK  in Blue Lagoon and Midnight Blue .   I also added a deep purple distress ink as a low light.  Then used a blending brush with VERSAFINE CLAIR INK  in Morning Mist  and with a very light pressure and circular motions, circled the moon to give it dimension.  TIP: Be sure you blot your brush first so it is just a light haze. This process will also blend a small amount of blue from the sky into the halo.

  I then then used the other hill masks held above the hillsides and a Stencil Brush  with light flicks across the hill mask.  I used ELEMENTS INK  in  Truffle  and Graphite    Be careful to dab off the ink before you go onto your project. You don’t need a lot of ink for this.

The tree was done using a Stamping platform in various distressed inks one on top of the other. Then I moved the ink a little bit with a damp paintbrush to solidify the tree.
 
The foxes were also done on the Stamping platform, using a repeat stamp process using  VERSAFINE CLAIR INKS in  Tulip Red,  Summertime ,  Acorn and
Fallen Leaves .  I added texture to the foxes with pencil crayons.  Then shadowed the trees and the animals.

LAVINIA STAMPS USED



 I really enjoy creating midnight skies.  It pushes me creatively to get depth in a black sky. I hope you try it. Thanks for joining us today on the Topflight Stamps blog. See you soon .  Happy crafting!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10