Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Hints of Spring

 


Hi friends! Today I'm sharing a butterfly mixed media card using several fun products! Butterflies remind me of spring and summer, and I just love to watch them flitter around so gracefully! With spring upon us, I thought a butterfly card was in order!

For my card today, I am using Patchwork Butterfly by Darkroom Door. This is a large butterfly with so much detail! I stamped the butterfly in black ink over a background that was ink blended and then stamped with Katzelkraft Script stamp. Then I added more detail by layering 2 butterflies from Wings of Change stamp by Visible image over the large one. You can see the details below! 


I only glued the center of the smaller butterflies and gently fluffed the edges of their wings to give them life.  Then I added a sentiment from the Sympathy stamp set by Darkroom Door. I trimmed the edge of the card panel using a deckled paper trimmer, then ink blended the edges of the sentiment and the colored card panel with black ink to help them pop a bit and frame the butterfly!


That was all there was to this card! Thanks for stopping by!


SUPPLIES USED:














No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10