Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Happy Birthday Gender Neutral Card

 

Hi everyone! Today marks the last day of posting for Topflight Stamps! I have enjoyed my time here tremendously and really loved playing with all of their products! This week we're celebrating Carabelle Studios, and today's card is a gender-neutral birthday card using Carabelle Studios texture plates! I like that this card can be used for man or woman! I need many many more of these in my stash!

Step 1 was to create the background using Carabelle Studio's Scalloped Flower texture plate and a gelli plate. The texture plates can be used to create an image on a gelli plate, but they can also be used to stamp! I started by applying color onto the gelli plate with my brayer, and then I placed the Scalloped Flowers texture plate over the color and pressed gently to embed an image (on a side note, you can immediately stamp that inky texture plate onto another card panel and get 2 backgrounds!). I added a white card panel to create an impression. Then I went back and added ink directly onto impression by using it as a stamp! I trimmed it down and adhered it over the other card panel that was stamped with that left over ink on my texture plate! 


Next, I created a 2nd background using Carabelle Studio's Rounds texture plate. This is a fun, abstract texture plate with circles that's just so much fun for a background! I used the same technique that I did with the 1st texture plate. Only this time, I die cut my finished panel with a heart die from Scribbled Hearts by Paper Rose. I adhered the heart at an angle over the background card panel. Then I die cut the Birthday sentiment from Paper Rose using the remains of both texture plate card panels and adhered the layers together. So, save your gelli plate scraps because you can use them for your sentiments! I finished by adhering my sentiment over the heart. 


Playing with gelli plates and texture plates can be so relaxing and also time consuming, so make several card panels at once and then set them aside for future use! Carabelle Studios has a wide array of texture plates to choose from - and remember you can also use them as a stamp! 

Thanks for stopping by today! 

SUPPLIES USED:
 









No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10