Monday, April 24, 2023

Romance is in the air - a wedding themed tutorial

Hi,  MEL PILLING  here today with a wedding card or art journal page starring the Carabelle Studio bird trio. My fellow team members and I are highlighting the beautiful  Stamps by CARABELLE STUDIO  this week. 



'

I began with the background using a  12x12 GEL PRESS.  I pressed directly onto the  GEL PRESS with. ELEMENTS INK PADS in BLUE LAGOON , CONFETTI , SUNDANCE  and LIME PUNCH . I then dabbed the press lightly with a make up blender.  I lightly spritzed this with water and took a print. 

Once dry, I used the blender again for the trees at the base.  Using a Lavinia stencil and ELEMENTS INK  in  OLIVE  and DARK DENIM .  I stamped the LAVINIA skeleton trees and the CARABELLE STUDIO  birds in VERSAFINE CLAIR  in NOCTURNE directly onto the background.  I drew the vines holding the nest freehand.  I then stamped the birds again on clean Bristol card.  I coloured them with watercolour markers, fussy cut and glued them onto the background over the previously stamped images.   I fussy cut two of the bell flowers also, to glue on top of the nest for dimension.

CARABELLE STUDIO STAMPS USED




LAVINIA STAMPS PRODUCTS USED














I adore this Carabelle Studio bird set and was inspired by the set to come up with a wedding card.  I have always felt that wedding cards have to be a little extra special, and this set was perfect for it.

Thanks for visiting the blog today. See you soon. 






















 

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10