Wednesday, April 19, 2023

Smile - It's Finally Spring!

 


Hi friends! Today I wanted to share a colorful spring card to match my mood because it's FINALLY spring! I was beginning to wonder for a while there! ha ha!

I'm using one of the smaller flowers from the Daisy Grunge stamp set by Visible Image. I planned to use the stamp in black and white, so I needed to create a colorful backdrop to compliment the flower! Using Lavinia Acrylic Sprays in rainbow colors, I sprayed a bit of each color onto my glass media matt and then picked up the color with a wide, flat paintbrush. Then I applied the color along 3/4 of a white card panel. I repeated this step with each rainbow color until I was satisfied. Then I did the unthinkable - I tore the card panel! Yes, you heard me right! And I did it on purpose!! I only wanted enough color to frame the flower and still leave alot of white space behind it. 


Next step was to adhere the painted panel onto a white background. I adhered it to the left of the white card panel and then stamped the word "smile" from the Daisy Grunge stamp set sideways right next to it, just to be a bit playful! Then I adhered the flower over the rainbow and added black splatters everywhere and yellow sequins on the flowers and next to the sentiment. I finished by trimming the white card panel and placing it over a slightly larger black card panel, then placing both onto a white 5.5x4.25 card base.


This card makes me smile everytime I look at it.  Thanks so much for stopping by today!

SUPPLIES USED:





No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10