Monday, June 5, 2023

Always take the scenic route '

Hi    MEL PILLING here today to demo a new technique using a GEL PRESS TRIO . Topflight Stamps is highlighting their beautiful inks this week.  I will be using ELEMENTS INK and VERSAFINE CLAIR INK.



,


To all three Gel Presses, I added Elements Ink in LIME PUNCH (all over) and  MERMAID (around edge only) using a make up blender sponge.  Then I pressed onto the card to make a print.  I splattered the print using a FAN BRUSH with damp Mermaid.

The sign post was stamped in Versafine Clair Nocturne. Then I extended the length of the post to the bottom of the scene freehand, leaving a small space for the lantern glow. 

The animals were done by repeat stamping, using a stamping platform.  I used many layers of Versafine Clair Ink in SUMMERTIME,  ACORN,  FALLEN LEAVES,  and NOCTURNE .  I added texture to the animals with pencil crayons in similar colours.

I added the ground using a hill, mask and a STENCIL BRUSH using elements in PINE  and OLIVE.

The light from the lantern was done with SUNDANCE and a paint brush.


GEL PRESS USED



LAVINIA STAMPS USED















The Lavinia Stamps Elements Inks are beautiful, juicy, bright and very versatile. They are highly reactive and give many special effects.   They can be used with many tools.

The Versafine Clair Ink is fabulous for finely detailed stamps, as well as any kind of stamping.  The colours are excellent and varied and they stay put through lots of different colouring mediums.  

I highly recommend both these inks and Topflight carries all the beautiful colours.

Thanks for joining me today on the Topflight Stamps blog. See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10