Wednesday, June 7, 2023

Welcome to New Design Team Member Mary Key!

Hello Topflight Stamps fans. Design Team member Colleen Balija had to step down for this next term. Thank you Colleen for your wonderful art! We will miss the inspiration.

We would like to welcome our new member joining us, Mary Key. You can find her on Instagram @jane_cardmkr . We know she will work wonders with Topflight Stamps product!


Here is a little bit about Mary:

"I live in San Antonio, Texas with hubby. I have one son and his girlfriend, and my granddaughter. I have one feral black cat called Kiki who stays with us. I am an Admin Asst. to an appraisal company. 

I have been making cards since 1999, telling myself no more Hallmark cards and I get to make cards and learn techniques while watching YouTube or Pinterest. I also enjoy getting into mix media/art journaling which I can get pasty/inky with so many elements. I enjoy using all kinds of colors with inks, acrylics, and embossing powders. 

After work, I do what I need to do at home and then start making some cards which I love to unwind. All of my cards that I make I give away to a great group who needs a little pick me up. That is why I love making cards to send to someone."

Her first card for Topflight Stamps features a stamp of a hot air balloon from 13@rts and a gorgeous blended background made using Hunkydory Prism Dye Inks.


For the background, Mary used a small acrylic block, stamped the ink pads on it, misted the block and then added it onto watercolor paper. Then second time she just used the ink pad and swiped the colors on to make the background, spritzing some water to make the speckles. (Sky colors: Arctic Mist, Ocean Spray, Blue Lagoon) For the mountains she tore some white cardstock and swiped the Roasted Coffee ink pad onto it. She did the same with the second small torn white Cardstock using Smoked Paprika. Then Mary stamped the hot air balloon and just added some foam tape on the smaller torn part, and then layered it all on the final white Cardstock base to finish the card.

Thanks for stopping by and be sure to check out the Topflight Stamps store for a wide selection of different and hard to find stamps, stencils and other paper crafting supplies from all around the world! Also keep an eye here on the Topflight Stamps blog. There is new inspiration posted daily!


No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10