Monday, December 11, 2023

Ahoy Maties!!

Hi.  MEL PILLING  here today with a swarthy badass pirate sailing the seven seas with mayhem on his mind.

Not really.  He is rather sweet really.  KATZELKRAFT never fail to produce these amazing characters.

\








I began by masking off the horizon. I placed a Moon Mask  in the centre and used  Blending Brushes   with Elements Inks for the sky.  For this, I used Blue LagoonDark Denim and Midnight Blue .  Then I removed the moon mask, and used the residual ink on the blending brush gently around the moon edge and inside the moon for craters.  I added some Pan Pastels in grey using my finger to deepen  the colours of the craters on the moon. 

I then sketched a rowboat and coloured it on clean card stock, then masked it and stamped the elephant in the boat. I then finished drawing the front boat gunnel under the partial stamp. I coloured all of it with watercolour pens and cut it out.

I did the sea with Elements Inks in Blue LagoonBlue Atoll,   Mermaid, Dark Denim  and Midnight Blue .  I created the water  using a flat paint brush and using the inks watercolour style. Sweeping side to side to get the streaky affect. Then I add white gel pen, to make the highlights on the water.  I glued the boat/elephant onto the background. I stamped his hat on clean card and drew a pirate flag.  Both were cut out, then glued onto the picture. I then used white paint pen, gel pen, and micro glitter to add more gleam on the water where needed.  The clouds were done, using grey and white Pan Pastels, using my finger. The stars were added with white gel pen to finish it off . 


STAMPS USED

,





This little pirate scene really got my creative juices flowing. It is great fun to put these lovely Katzelkraft characters into different scenes. Their wonderful stamps make scene building and story telling a breeze.

Thanks for joining me today on the Topflight Stamps blog happy creating!!






No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10