Monday, December 4, 2023

Stay Warm this Season

.

Hi  Mel Pilling here today, showcasing this fabulous Raven stamp by Crafty Individuals.  Today, I wanted to use this handsome bird in a Christmas card. Raven’s are versatile. Not just for Halloween.




 

The sky was done using  Elements Inks in Blue Atoll and Blue Lagoon  using a hill mask below and blending lightly upward with a Stencil Brush . I just used residual inks from my blue stencil brush for the hills. The trees were done with a damp, repeat stamp process using a stamping platform .  I used Distress Inks in Mowed Lawn, Chipped Sapphire and Blueprint Sketch to make layers of ink. I moved it a little with a damp paint brush to blend the colours, then decorated with Liquid Pearl‘s.  I did a Lainey Swirl on the tree using white Pan Pastel and white gel pen for bit Christmas magic. 

I stamped the black bird onto my background with Versafine Clair Nocturne, then used white gel pen and a grey watercolour marker to highlight and blend him. I did his wing with red and yellow Indian ink markers to turn him into a red wing blackbird. The scarf was drawn by hand on clean card stock.  To get a perfect fit I stamped the bird on clean scrap paper, and drew the scarf on him, then I cut this out and traced around this onto clean card.  This I coloured and glued onto the bird on the project.



STAMPS USED









I love The Raven stamp by Crafty Individuals. There’s something about black birds I just love. This card is quick too. 

I always make a few at a time while the scarf template is made up. 

 

Thank you for joining me today on the Topflight Stamps Blog. Happy  Crafting!






No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10