Wednesday, December 20, 2023

New Year, New Beginnings - 2024

 Hello Crafty Friends, Mary Key here! This week at Topflight Stamps is New Years/New Beginnings.  I am going to use Katzelkraft. They are just fun to create anything that you can imagine or ideas going through your creativity ideas. I will be using Robots 1 KTZ209, and Holiday Quotes KTZ207, along with Lavinia Acetate Circle Masks and Lavinia Dinkles.

I will also be using smooth watercolor paper for my little robots and also for my background. I first will mask the moon using Lavinia Acetate Circle Mask and draw the circle using the large circle and masking fluid. 

After drying, I started to use Lavinia Dinkles Deep Yellow. I spritz some water onto my matt and then used my fan brush to add a little of Deep Yellow onto where I spritz some water and then started smooshing my watercolor paper.


I lightly dry it with my heat gun. Then the next color I used Burnt Orange, smooshed my watercolor paper and also heat dry a little.


Next color I used some Magenta (spritz water onto my matt and a little Magenta) smooshed my watercolor paper in several areas and lightly heat dry using my heat gun. and the next color is Paynes Grey same way onto my matt. I smooshed my watercolor paper in several areas and heat dry lightly. Paynes Grey is rich in color. It came out so nice.


I then started to use some metallic watercolor paints in silver and used my fan brush to tap lightly to get some stars in several sizes and heat dry lightly and added some acrylic white paint.


After my watercolor paper is dry, I took the masking fluid off. Then added some sketching of craters. 


I did some watercoloring on the Robots 1 KTZ209. I used two different Robots and did some fussy cutting them out.


I decided to make another watercolor background using Blueberry, Amethyst and Paynes Grey. I like how it looked and did some silver metallic watercolor to look like stars.


Now to add the Robots and the sentiment from Holiday Quotes with the sentiment Happy and New Year with white embossing powder. Here are two completed cards, I used white cardstock for both of my cards.



Thank you for stopping by and keep creating!

Topflight Stamps Supplies Used:






No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10