Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Create Pandamonium!

 Greetings! It's Tuesday, so you've got Kathi here to share a project with you. This week my teammates and I are sharing projects created with Time for Tea Designs and/or Tea Time. I got confused, so I created a slimline card using the adorable Pandamonium Party Clear Stamp Set by Time for Tea Designs and a tea-themed tag.

For now, I'm sharing the slimline card. Here it is!


I started the card by cutting Copic-friendly cardstock with the second largest die from the Essential Rectangle Frames Slimline Dies set. Then I used my mad math skillz to figure out where to position the pandas so that they would be equally distributed horizontally. I used a stamping platform and stamped all three pandas onto the image panel and onto masking paper.

The masking paper pandas were fussy-cut and adhered atop their counterparts. One of the masks from the Acetate Hills Masks/ Stencils by Lavinia Stamps was placed over the bottom part of the image panel and blue Copic-friendly ink was brushed over the mask and the pandas to create the sky.

I traced the mask onto a piece of scrap paper, fussy-cut along the edge, and used that to cover the newly inked sky so that I could create a grassy field for the pandas. I also tore another piece of paper and sponged green Copic-friendly ink between the masks until the field was complete. 

The bamboo stalk with leaves was inked with the same green cardstock and stamped. The plain bamboo stalk and extra leaves were also stamped with the green ink.

Black ink was used to stamp the balloons as shown. 

The pandas' masks were lifted and all images were colored with Copic markers. The sentiment was stamped onto white cardstock, die-cut, then the thought cloud was colored with Copic markers. The colored image panel was set aside while I created a background. 

White metallic cardstock from the Premium Metallic Cardstock from Neenah Creative Collections was cut with the largest die from the Essential Rectangle Frames Slimline Dies set.  One of the Black Blending Brushes by Time for Tea Designs was used to brush green ink over the entire background die-cut, then brushed again over the Feather Leaves Stencil by Lavinia Stamps to create a jungley-leafy pattern. The wonderful thing about using dye inks on white metallic cardstock is that you end up with a lovely shimmery result, pictured below. 


The background was edged with more green ink, then adhered to a green card. The image panel and sentiment were added to complete the card. 

If you'd like to know more about this card, please visit my blog, Kat's Tales of Stamping

Topflight Stamps Products Used:













See you soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10