Saturday, April 24, 2021

Lavinia Fairy Birthday Card with Infusions!

Hello, Lisa Hoel here and happy Saturday! I have a weekend share of a birthday card I made for a friend using supplies from the Topflight Stamps store. I'm always happy to pull out my Lavinia stamps – they are so much fun to create scenes with.

Lisa Hoel for Topflight Stamps - Lavinia Stamps fairy birthday card #Laviniastamps #topflightstamps #creativejuicefreshsqueezed

First I started off by making a stack of backgrounds using PaperArtsy Infusions pigments. (Once you get going, you can't help but make a bunch!) Infusions are a water reactive dry dye stain suitable for fabric and paper. The two-part formulation has 2 different crystals which react with the water at 2 different rates; the color particles act fast, and the brown walnut crystals are slower to dissolve. This allows control over how much brown-to-color you create depending on the amount of water you apply and when you dry. The results are somewhat unpredictable which adds to the fun! 

For more Infusions play, my fellow designer Autumn Clark made a video tutorial for a resist stamping technique that is LOTS of fun. I tried it! You can check it out on her YouTube channel.

Lisa Hoel for Topflight Stamps - Lavinia Stamps fairy birthday card #Laviniastamps #topflightstamps #creativejuicefreshsqueezed

Once I selected the perfect background piece, I used a stamp platform to build my scene on top of it. I like using a platform for projects like this because you can re-ink and "do over" perfectly if a first stamping doesn't have perfect coverage.

Thanks for stopping by and be sure to check out all the wonderful products from around the world you can find all in one place, Topflight Stamps. Have a great weekend!


Topflight Stamps Products:

Lavinia Stamps - Raven


Lavinia Stamps - Forest Scene

Lavinia Stamps - Sea Flower

Lavinia Stamps - Whimsical Hares

Lavinia Stamps - Fern Heads


Also, Lavinia Stamps - Tree Branch & Small Berries

Darkroom Door - Happy Birthday Sentiment


PaperArtsy Infusions Terracotta, Emerald Isle
Prism Inks - Smoked Paprika, Apple Green


No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10