Monday, April 5, 2021

Tracy Evans Poppies for AALL and Create

 

Now for today's inspiration...  Hi friends!  It's Autumn Clark from SewPaperPaint with you today to share a few slimline cards featuring the gorgeous Poppy Seedheads stamp by Tracy Evans for AALL & Create.  I have been itching to use this gorgeous stamp and finally sat down to some good old inky fun.  

I used different combinations of Distress Inks to make my backgrounds and to watercolor the poppies.  I cut them out and mounted them for dimension. 

I wanted to tie the red from the poppies in another way, so I stamped a portion of one of my all time favorite AALL & Create stamps, Enumerated by Olga Heldwein and cut it with postal edge scissors.  I popped it up and added a twine bow and snippet of label tape.  These were fun to make!  I hope they've inspired you to have a play.  Hugs, Autumn

 

Shop these gorgeous stamps at Topflight Stamps today!

3 comments:

  1. So gorgeous! Love these colors with this beautiful stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice colorful trio, Autumn! Did you use lots of water and then used a waterbrush on the stamp pad to transfer the color? No fusions this time? Please share your technique - I love it!

    Mary in Oregon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary! I’m sorry I just saw your sweet comment. For the backgrounds I dabbed the pads on my Kraft mat then spritzed with water to dip the panels. For the coloring I also dabbed my panels on the Kraft mat and used a water brush to pick up the color and add to the stamped image. I’m so happy you are inspired. Hugs, Autumn

      Delete

01 09 10