Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Reach for the Stars!

Greetings! It's Tuesday which means that it's Kathi here to share a project. Lately it seems that I've been sharing cute and/or whimsical projects, so I decided to create a card with a positive message using the Voyager Clear Stamps Set #198 and the Celestial Navigation Clear Stamp #398 by Olga Heldwein for AALL and Create.

Here it is!


I wanted to try a technique that I'd seen others do but was new to me. Using a stamp platform, I first stamped one of the two focal images from the Voyager Clear Stamps Set #198 with Black Memento ink, then colored the images with Copic markers. 

I really wanted the stamped image to be heat embossed in gold but didn't want to risk contaminating my precious Copics with embossing powder.  I had left the stamp on the lid of my stamp platform, then I positioned the image panel back on the platform in exactly the same position, inked the stamp with Onyx Black VersaFine Ink, sprinkled on Detail Gold Embossing powder, dumped off the excess, and heat set the image. I was delighted that it worked. 

If you're wondering why I used Onyx Black VersaFine Ink instead of VersaMark, VersaFine ink produces a clean detailed image, yet can be heat embossed, especially with Detail embossing powder.

The image panel was trimmed, the edges were distressed, edged with VersaMark Embossing ink, then the same gold embossing powder was used. Usually I'm nutsoid about getting stray embossing powder where it doesn't belong, but I actually like the effect on this.

The image panel was set aside. Blue cardstock was trimmed to 4.75" x 6.75" to form the background panel. The Celestial Navigation Clear Stamp #398 was stamped at the top left and bottom rightish with VersaMark ink, then heat set with the same gold embossing powder. Some of the blank areas were stamped with the star cluster stamp from the Voyager Clear Stamps Set #198, then heat set with gold embossing powder. The VersaMark pad was pressed against the edges of the background panel which were then dragged through gold embossing powder, and heat set. The background panel was adhered to a blue 5" x 7" card.

One of the three sentiments from the Voyager Clear Stamps Set #198 was stamped with Onyx Black VersaFine Ink, then heat embossed with gold embossing powder. The sentiment was cut into a strip, then into smaller pieces, each of which was edged with gold embossing, then adhered to the image panel as shown.

The image panel was adhered to the background panel and Pink Diamond Sparkles by Hunkydory Crafts were added to the corners to finish the card.

If you'd like to read more about this card, please pop over to my blog, Kat's Tales of Stamping

Topflight Stamps Products Used:








Thanks for visiting today! See you next Tuesday!



No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10