Monday, April 19, 2021

New Darkroom Door Butterflies and Wildflower Stamps

 

Hi friends!  It's Autumn Clark from SewPaperPaint with you today to share a card made with the gorgeous new release of Darkroom Door Stamps.  Today I've used the Spread Your Wings stamp set and the You Are Everything Stamp set together.  

I started by dipping a Bristol panel into watery Frayed Burlap Distress Ink, then sponged the panel diagonally with Crushed Olive and a blender brush to create sort of an ombre look, splashing it with water for "texture."  Next, I stamped the medium sized butterfly from Spread Your Wings and sponged it with Crushed Olive in the middle and Abandoned Coral and Crackling Campfire on the edges.  I stamped some of the flowers from the You Are Everything set in Frayed Burlap with a tint of Campfire on the tips in the background, then stamped the butterflies again in black and Campfire.  I enjoyed using this unusual color combination and building a scene with these beautiful stamps.  I hope it has inspired you today!  Below are a couple more cards I've made for Darkroom Door for inspiration.

For this card, I've torn a hole in a background panel made with the new Handwoven background stamp and layered the butterfly over bundled string.


And for this card, I layered the butterfly stamped in Staz On onto acetate over an inky butterfly, then stitched them together.  The background was made with the Numbers background stamp.  These stamps are so versatile and I know you will love them as much as I do.  Hugs, Autumn

Visit Topflight Stamps today!




No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10