Sunday, April 11, 2021

Kay Carley Spring Flowers with PaperArtsy Frescos


 
Hi friends!  It's Autumn Clark from SewPaperPaint here with you today to share a springtime card featuring stamps by Kay Carley for PaperArtsy.  Kay recently shared a Facebook live video tutorial (find it HERE) on how she uses her stamps with their coordinating stencils, so I pulled out my stamps and had a play.   Now, I've used two of Kay's first stamp sets, but I've linked newer, similar stamps below so you can try your hand. 

Kay used Pepermint Frescos to paint her background panel. I used my gel press, so it picked up some of the Prawn Frescos that I had used on an earlier project.  Because I didn't have the stencils, I used stamps with Distress Oxides for my background.  I used Worn Lipstick and Bundled Sage.  I love how Oxides work over Frescos!  For the greenery at the bottom I used Rustic Wilderness Oxide and Wintergreen Frescos to fill in.  I added the tall flowers, curving the stems where desired, to my stamp platform and stamped in Versafine.  I drew longer stems with a black pen where needed.  Then I painted the petals with a combination of Wisteria, Grape and Forget Me Not Frescos.  After the detail was painted in, I restamped with Versafine, then added the white details with a paint pen.  You can see just how easy this process is, no matter which stamps of Kay's you choose.  She makes it even easier by using coordinating stencils, but you can certainly freehand it like I've done.  I finished with a sticker sentiment over a bundled string.  I hope you're inspired to play with stamps and paints and will check out Kay's video tutorial and her amazing range of stamps at Topflight Stamps.  Hugs, Autumn

Shop for these newer versions of Kay Carley's stamps:




1 comment:

  1. Lovely cards! I'm going to go watch Kay's demo. =) Thanks for linking it Autumn.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10