Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Starring Charlie Chaplin!

Greetings! It's Tuesday, so you've got Kathi here to share a project with you.


Here's my card.


I love to contain images within other images, so when I saw the Filmstrip Frame Red Rubber Cling Stamp, I knew it would be useful. AALL and Create released the Charlie Clear Stamp Set #428 by Janet Klein and I really hoped that the two would work together. Hurray! They did! Not only that, but Stan and Ollie and both stamps from the Marilyn set fit in the frame too. BTW, both sets are by Janet Klein for AALL and Create.

Using a stamping platform and my mad math skillz, I stamped the Filmstrip Frame three times using two colors of Distress ink. When done, the image panel was cut using the second largest die from the Essential Rectangle Frames from the Sue Wilson Slimline Collection Creative Expressions.


Charlie was stamped into the center frame and onto label paper, which was fussy-cut and used to mask his counterpart on the image panel. Distress ink was brushed over the entire panel of three Filmstrip Frames to create a non-white background. 

Distress inks were used with the Rainbow Stencil  to add the rainbow to the top Filmstrip Frame, then Onyx Black VersaFine Ink was used to stamp the sentiment over the rainbow. I didn't get a perfect impression, but perfection is overrated.

I decided that I needed an element in the bottom frame, so I stamped the movie clapper thingy. The mask was lifted off of Charlie and both he and the movie clapper thingy were colored with Copic markers.

The ticket from the Charlie Clear Stamp Set #428  was stamped three times, brushed with Distress inks, fussy-cut, and edged with a dark marker.

The image panel/die-cut and tickets were adhered to patterned paper and then to a black card.

By the way, I googled Charlie Chaplin to find out what color his eyes were and discovered that April 16th was his birthday!

If you'd like to know more about this card, please visit my blog, Kat's Tales of Stamping.

Topflight Stamps Products Used:













Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10