Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Spring Scene

 Greetings! It's Kathi here to share a project with you. This week my teammates and I are celebrating Spring and/or Mother's Day. Since the trees, dandelions, tulips, and hyacinths are starting to bloom, I opted to celebrate spring with my card. Over thirty years ago, I spent part of April and May visiting my husband in Holland. He was there for work for three months and I took a leave of absence to join him and we spent weekends sightseeing, visiting gardens, windmills, museums, and different towns. Honestly, it could not have been a more perfect time to visit! Everything was in bloom and as we traveled mostly by train, we were astonished by the fields of tulips stretching from the tracks to the horizon. The rows were grouped by color and were just amazing. 

Hmm. I prattled on there for a bit but I wanted you to know why I had to have the Art  By Marlene Go Dutch #16 Clear Stamp Set by Studio Light when I saw it.

Here's my card.


I started the card by stamping the Dutch Girl and the windmill with Memento ink. They were both fussy-cut, colored with Copic markers, and edged with a dark marker. They were set aside while I created a suitable background.

Brusho Crystal Color Colours by Colourcraftare such fun to use and help to create a quick variegated background. There are so many ways to use them, but I chose to simply sprinkle a bit of a bit of Cobalt and White onto watercolor paper, spritz with water, then use a paper towel to spread the color horizontally. 

The next step was to tear some cardstock, then brush Rainforest Green Prism Ink and Evergreen Prism Ink over the top of the torn cardstock onto the background paper. The torn edge was moved down a bit, then the colors were brushed over the edge again. This was repeated until I was happy with my background scene. 

Since the windmill from the Art  By Marlene Go Dutch #16 Clear Stamp Set  had so many wonderful details that I didn't want to lose, I used my stamp platform and Onyx Black VersaFine Ink by Tsukineko to stamp it onto the background. While I was at it I also stamped the happy little sun from the Art By Marlene Marlene's World Happy Birthday Clear Stamp Set by Studio Light onto the background, then again onto a scrap of watercolor paper and heat set everything to prevent smudging.

Yellow Brusho Crystal Color Colours was sprinkled onto my craft sheet, spritzed with water, and used to paint the sun that was on the watercolor paper. The sun was fussy-cut and edged with a dark marker.

Now that the windmill was stamped onto the background, I decided to add a worn grassy path to the door. This was done by putting two Post-It Notes on diagonals stretching from the door to the base of the panel and sponging Evergreen Prism Ink over the edges of the notes onto the background. I also used a bit of chalk pencil to add some shading under the windmill and where the girl was going to stand. 

The colored, fussy-cut windmill and sun were adhered over their counterparts on the background. The girl was also adhered as shown. 

A red paint pen was used to add color to the hearts. A white paint pen was used over the stamped sun rays, allowed to dry, then yellow paint pen was applied overtop.

I couldn't decide on a sentiment, so I left the card blank until it's needed. 

If you'd like to learn more about this card, please pop over to my blog, Kat's Tales of Stamping

Topflight Stamps Products Used:













Thanks for visiting today! See you next week!

2 comments:

  1. So many memories you bring back from my two trips to Holland for 3-day weekends when I lived in Germany, Kathi! And those stampsets by Marlene had already been tugging at my conscience with that cute Dutch Girl in her clogs! My oh my, why not?
    One can never have too many stamps, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many memories you bring back from my two trips to Holland for 3-day weekends when I lived in Germany, Kathi! And those stampsets by Marlene had already been tugging at my conscience with that cute Dutch Girl in her clogs! My oh my, why not?
    One can never have too many stamps, right?

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10