Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Happy Cattitude with Chou and Flowers!

 It's Tuesday which means you've got Kathi here to share a project with you. This week my teammates and I are showcasing wonderful products by Chou and Flowers. If you're not familiar with this brand, you really ought to check them out. Their clear stamp sets are perfect for scene building, which is something I love to do! Actually there are oodles of new products in the store, so you should click on over to take a look.

As a crazy cat lady, I have a sizable collection of cat-themed crafting products, so when I saw the adorable Meow 1 Clear Stamp Set, I just had to have it! 

Here's my first card created with the  Meow 1 Clear Stamp Set and the wonderful Circus Flower Border Stencil, also by Chou and Flowers.


When building card scenes, I tend to do a lot of masking. I like to use repositionable label paper because it's inexpensive and readily available. The first step of my process is to determine which image(s) should be in the foreground and which should be towards the back. My process is to stamp an image onto the image panel and onto label paper, which is fussy-cut and placed over its counterpart.  Then this process is repeated until I have all my images stamped and masked. 

 For this card, I stamped the sleeping cat first, then the radiator, the reaching cat, and the chair. When all the images were masked, the panel was die-cut and left in the die. Repositionable tape was placed horizontally under the radiator, couch, and cat then pink ink was brushed over the die onto the image panel to create a pink background, but keep a white border around the image panel. 

The Circus Flower Border Stencil by Chou and Flowers was placed atop the image panel and pink ink was brushed over the stencil and the back of the die onto the image panel to add a pattern to the background. The stencil was moved down towards the base of the card and the pattern was lined up. Pink ink was brushed over the stencil again to complete the top area of the background.

The repositionable tape was re-positioned to cover the pink area of the image panel. Green ink was brushed over the tape and the back of the die. 

The tape was removed and retained for another use. The masks were all lifted and retained for another use, and the image panel was removed from the die.

Copic markers were used to color the image panel. The cats' coloration is close to my white and grey cats. Glitter gel pens were used to add glittery touches to the tassel cat toy hanging off of the radiator.

Onyx Black VersaFine Ink by Tsukineko was used to stamp the sentiment as shown.

The image panel was adhered to patterned paper from the Bloom and Wild 6x6 Patterned Paper Pad by Craft Consortium that was trimmed to 5.25" x 4", then adhered to an A2 card.

Please pop over to my blog, Kat's Tales of Stamping, for detailed instructions and complete supply lists.

Topflight Stamps Products Used:









Thanks for visiting! See you soon!


1 comment:

  1. Phew! Lots of work but you explained it well, Kathi, and I will have a go at your sequencing because oftentimes, I get stuck because I haven't thought the artwork through. I am a cat owner (CCL!) too! Cute use of this stamp!

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10