Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Discover Tag!

 Greetings! It's Tuesday so you've got Kathi here to share a project with you. This week my teammates and I are exploring the wonderful world of mixed media.



This tag is a bit unusual for me as there is absolutely no stamping on this project! I could have stamped Lady Vagabond from the Lady Vagabond Foam Mounted Stamp Set or Sir Vagabond from the Sir Vagabond Foam Mounted Stamp Set, but instead, I opted to fussy-cut the seated Lady Vagabond from the Lady Vagabond 8x8 Paper Pad by Stamperia.

I started the project by painting the tag with Wolf EyeSea GlassCloudy, and Double Denim Fresco Finish Chalk Acrylic Paints by PaperArtsy. All the colors I used were opaque, so there was no need to prime the mdf tag with gesso. 

When the paint was dry, I applied texture paste through "Discover" in the Discover Word Series Stencil by That's Crafty. I immediately sprinkled embossing enamel over top, dumped off the excess, and heat set it.

The next step was to adhere the patterned paper from the Sir Vagabond 8x8 Paper Pad by Stamperia to the painted tag. The map is of the New York/New Jersey area and actually includes the town where I reside! How cool is that?

Washi Tape 2 by Autour de Mwa for AALL and Create was lightly tinted with Archival ink, then added to the tag to add a bit more visual interest. The fussy-cut Lady Vagabond was adhered, then Distress Archival ink was used to add some shadow behind her.

Brown Jute was wrapped around the base of the tag and a charm was attached. 

A magnifying piece of plastic was adhered over my town and environs.

Three pieces of seam binding were sprayed with water, sprinkled with Rusty CarRoyal Blood, and Green Man Infusions by PaperArtsy, heat set, then threaded through the hole in the tag.

Please pop over to my blog, Kat's Tales of Stamping, for more detailed instructions and complete supply lists.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10