Saturday, March 12, 2022

Darkroom Door Glass Dome Shaker & Butterfly Shabby Chic Card

Hello friends!  It's Autumn Clark from SewPaperPaint with you and today I have a shabby chic card to share with you.  Did you know Topflight Stamps now carries a selection of scrapbook paper pads in 6x6 and 8x8?  These pads are very reasonably priced and are perfect for mini albums and greeting cards.  I fell in love with the Paper Favourites Coral and Grey pad, with lace, floral, butterfly and dotted patterns and wanted to incorporate some rubber stamping with the designs. I used the Crealies XXL Double Stitched Square dies to cut the pink lace paper and mounted over a butterfly printed panel. 
 
 

I stamped the Darkroom Door Glass Dome stamp onto the grey lace paper then added some shading with Elements dye ink in Confetti and Graphite.  I taped a piece of vellum to the side of the paper, then stitched around the dome and filled the pocket with sequins, then stitched the base to shut up my little shaker element.  I used my stamp platform to repeat stamp the Butterfly Eclectic stamp again and again in the same ink colors until I got a nice blended look.  The trick is to mist with water and dab any excess ink.  I then stamped the Happy Birthday sentiment strip onto a piece of lighter floral paper and cut out the top sentiment with a circle die.  I finished with a Prima flower and a sari ribbon bow. 

 
Visit Topflight Stamps today!
 





 

1 comment:

01 09 10