Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Be awesome today! - A quick gel print tutorial

 


Good Morning!
Do you have a gel plate but are too afraid to use it? Or have you seen people print on paper and always wondered how they get the different colors to shine through all the layers? Here is a quick tutorial that will take less than 10 minutes to create a project.

Products used:

Carabelle Studio - Stencil/Mask - Birgit Koopsen - Leaves in the Wind




Quick steps:

1. Apply blue paint to the gel plate



2. Wipe away the blue paint showing through. 
Apply yellow paint over the stencil.


3. Let this dry and then apply the paint that will pull the whole print off the plate. I used white. Apply a thick enough layer to cover the plate but thin enough to see the image press through. 


4. Add some markings with a paint pen for interest and dimension. I couldn't quite get the "pop" I wanted, so I placed the stencil back onto the image and applied distress oxide to the stencil.





5. I used a die to cut the frame/border, and applied black soot Distress Oxide to the edges. I finished the card by adding a sentiment to the bottom.


Isn't this such a cool card? And quick?? I found a stamp in the store with the same image as this stencil.


I hope you have a great day!!
Charmaine



No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10