Sunday, May 8, 2022

Darkroom Door Layered Handwriting Mother's Day Card

 

 
Happy Mother's Day stampers!  It's Autumn Clark from SewPaperPaint with you today to share a fun collage card just for mom.   I have been eager to play with the new Layered Handwriting Background Stamp by Darkroom Door again and decided to do a postal themed collage card for Mom, using it as the main background element.  I dipped my panel in watery Bundled Sage and Speckled Egg Distress Ink, then stamped the Layered Handwriting in Evergreen Bough and embossed with Distress Glaze.  I made a small envelope with my We R Memories Punch Board and distressed it with Gathered Twigs.  Then I stamped the Pen Nibs and bird from the Love Birds set in black onto inky paper and fussy cut them.  I stamped the Small Sketched Alphabet letters into one of the Lots of Labels stamp.  I attached a flat brad to hold the envelope flap down and adhered a pretty button over it. 
 
 
The flap opens to store a gift card.  I added a note card as well and used the Simple Sayings Vol. 2 for the verse.  The extra word strips were printed off of my computer, an old postal stamp and a cancellation stamp from the Global Postmarks set to tie it all together.  I hope this card has given you some ideas and you'll play around with the Layered Handwriting stamp to make some backgrounds of your own.  Have a wonderful Mother's Day!  xx, Autumn

 
 Find Darkroom Door stamps at Topflight Stamps today!

 




1 comment:

  1. What a sweet collage for Mother's Day, Autumn! Great idea to add the gift card inside that beautifully colored envelope.
    Happy Mother's Day to you!

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10