Sunday, February 6, 2022

Don't look back by Charmaine Canham

 Happy Morning to you!

I have a bonus blog for you today using cool products from our TopFlight Stamps store!! 

As you already may know, I immigrated to the US from South Africa in 1999 and have since settled quite nicely here in South Carolina. I was 19 turning 20 and had the world at my feet. But sacrifices had to be made and our once strong family of seven, were torn into two. So, with that said, it is hard to look back and wonder what would have happened if I lived a life in my motherland, compared to here in the States. I got mad, I got sad, but I have also gained strength and understanding that things do actually happen for a reason. I know, that is so cliche, but that is the story I am sticking to! :)

OK, here is what I did:

I used the girl from
 AALL & Create - Clear Stamp Set - #426 - A7 - Warm & Cosy - Janet Klein 
and colored her with Copic Markers. Fussy cut her out. 


Next, stamp the Film image from Darkroom Door - Frame Stamp with
black Copic friendly ink first, then color with Copics. Keep your stamp in your
stamping platform, if you use one. Restamp the film image with
  Versafine Clair Acorn ink. This is such a gorgeous brown. 



I used one sheet of  Vintage Maps from Paper Favourites, and cut it down to size.
I layered it over black cardstock for interest. I also had a piece
of "washi tape" film to connect the pieces.
Doesn't she look travel ready? 

I hope you have a great day!

Charmaine

Follow me on Facebook for almost daily inspiration!


No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10