Wednesday, February 2, 2022

It's okay to not be okay by Charmaine Canham

 

Good Morning! Today is a good day.

I had to tell that to myself  a few days ago and decided that I needed to play in my
journal for some cathartic release of whatever is ailing me. It just got to be ..too much.. 


I was worried about the world (my family is scattered all over the continents) but I still had to see the beauty right here beside me in the leaves and flowers.
I used reds because people can get so mad at each other for no reason at all.
 But then I used orange because I have faith that it will be OK. I used the color green because it symbolizes growth and tranquility. 

I used a few products this time that spoke to me:


I started with Ink Sprays in my journal. Just go wild! Also,
spray two A2 sized cardstock with the same colors. 



On the cardstock, stamp the leaves from the PaperArtsy stamp
with Versafine ink. I used WOW Gold embossing powder on the one set
and left the black leaves on the other. Cut out all these leaves. 

Next, I try to make the splotches more uniform, and
 applied the white acrylic paint from Art by Marlene Moody Paint set all over the page.
This made it too pastel.:(


I added the red and green paint and got the vibrance back. 



Once this dried, I added inked  leaves to the journal page.


Since I was worried about the "world" I added pieces of the 
maps from the Paper Favourites Vintage Maps.
This is a real nice collection of colorful maps.


I used a clear gel medium to adhere the maps pieces to the journal. I also added in
the cut leaves and glued those with Cosmic Shimmer Glue.

This look like chaos, I know. But that was all inside of me.


Soften the maps' edges with red and green paint with your fingers. 


Add some words, feelings, frustrations. 
I stamped the flowers from the PaperArtsy stamp set on Neenah Desert Storm paper (or khaki colored paper) and cut them out. Add some white spots in the middle with a  paint or gel pen. 


For the sentiment, I used the Visible Image Look Forward With Hope stamp set,
also on Neenah paper.


I stamped this with Versafine again and tore the sides of the paper. I used Washi tape for two reasons: To keep it (my life, my feelings, my family) together and be used as a Band-Aid.
 ( Sorry, I was pretty soppy!)


My daughter took a picture of me while painting last weekend so I printed this out on Neenah cardstock and used washi again to adhere it. The symbolism is that I am still in this world and can still make a difference, even if I am hanging on by a thread. I added a piece of green cardstock so that the green washi tape pops off the page.


I hope this wasn't too depressing of a journal page, but it is important to check yourself
now and again and feel your feelings. 

Talk soon,
Charmaine

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you got some cathartic art journaling in Charmaine. It's lovely. Big virtual hugs!

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10