Saturday, February 26, 2022

Hobby Art Goldfinch and Teasel Mixed Media Tag

 

 
Hi everyone!  It's Autumn Clark from SewPaperPaint with you today to share a lusciously inky tag featuring an absolutely incredible stamp set by Hobby Art, Goldfinch & Teasels.  Now you may remember my Christmas cards with the Jenny Wren stamp set I shared HERE and HERE.  If so, you will know just how much I adore Hobby Art's bird stamps.  I've taken liberty, yet again, to color them bird in my own way to coordinate with  my background...
 

I've been totally smitten with my new Lavinia Element dye ink pads, particularly the Merlot color.  I started by dipping my watercolor paper tag in Merlot, spritzed with plenty of water, then did a second dipping in Sahara.  Next I used those two colors, along with Russet Orange and Truffle to watercolor my "goldfinch".  I then stamped the various teasel stamps in first, second and third generation stamping in Merlot along the bottom of my tag.  I sponged the edges with Merlot and Sahara, then decided to add a little more dipping in Russet Orange to balance the colors.  I found some yellow bias binding in my stash and dipped it in watered Sahara to make it darker and attached a loopy bow to my panel.  I mounted the bird over a Tim Holtz die cut, to which I added crackle paste and Distress Crayon to age.  I liked the shape of it as a faux branch.  I hope this project has inspired you to get inky today!  Visit us on the @topflightstamps Instagram page for a fun video tutorial coordinating with this project.  You can also find the video on YouTube HERE.  xx, Autumn



 Visit Topflight Stamps today!


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful tag. Enjoyed watching the video for it's creation. Great color combination.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10