Tuesday, February 22, 2022

You Look a Little Flat

 Greetings! It's Tuesday, which means it's Kathi here to share a project with you. This week my teammates and I are showcasing Katzelkraft's wonderful stamps. When we received our upcoming assignments a while back, I had decided to make a get well card with the supine elephant from Les Jungles (Jungle Animals) Unmounted Rubber Stamp Set and the Sherlock Pabo from Les Pabos Series 1 Sherlock Holmes Unmounted Rubber Stamp Set. I must have been prescient since I was knocked flat by pneumonia, which was diagnosed a week ago and why I missed last Tuesday's post. Thankfully, the talented and gracious Lisa Hoel filled in for me. I'm on the mend and feeling well enough to craft again!

Here's my slimline get well card.


I started the card by stamping the elephant from Les Jungles (Jungle Animals) Unmounted Rubber Stamp Set onto white cardstock with Copic friendly ink and onto repositionable label paper. I used a Post-It note to cover the footprints part of the Sherlock stamp from the Les Pabos Series 1 Sherlock Holmes Unmounted Rubber Stamp Set, then inked the stamp, removed the Post-It Note, and stamped Sherlock so that the magnifying glass was over the elephant's trunk. I also stamped Sherlock onto repositionable label paper.

Both the elephant and Sherlock images that had been stamped onto label paper were fussy-cut and adhered over their counterparts on the image panel.

A slimline die was used to cut the image panel. The panel was left in the die, a piece of repositionable Scotch tape was placed horizontally across the image panel, and light green ink was brushed overtop to create a light green background with a white border. The Elegance Stencil by Lavinia Stamps was placed over the image panel (still in the die with the images masked) and slightly darker ink was brushed over the stencil onto the image panel to add a subtle jungle-leafy vibe. When I was happy with the result, I moved the tape to cover the top part of the image and brushed dark green ink along the bottom of the panel to ground the images.

The image panel was removed from the cutting die, the tape was saved for another day, and the masks were removed and reserved. 

Copic markers were used to color the elephant and Sherlock, then chalk pencils were used to add shadows below the images.

The top sentiment was computer generated and die-cut with a speech bubble die. The white cardstock was kept in the cutting die and green ink was brushed onto the die-cut.

Onyx Black VersaFine Ink by Tsukineko was used to stamp the "Get Well" sentiment from the More Classic Sentiments Clear Stamp Set by Heffy Doodle onto white cardstock and heat set. The sentiment was die-cut with a tag die. The white cardstock was kept in the cutting die and green ink was brushed onto the die-cut.

Larger slimline dies were used to cut patterned papers, the card was assembled, and the sentiments were added to finish the card.

Please pop over to my blog, Kat's Tales of Stamping, for step-by-step instructions and complete supply lists.

2 comments:

  1. That's terrible that you have had pneumonia but wonderful that you are feeling better, Kathi! I have been enjoying viewing your latest creation for a few days and I just now realized you used the Lavinia Stencil that I recently purchased (pods) for the background! I just love that little Sherlock Holmes character(great coloring, btw!) and, of course, that cute elephant and using that elegant frame had made me overlook that soft stencil effect altogether! You must be feeling a whole lot better to come up with this latest art. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary, Thank you for the nice comment. The Elegance Stencil's pod reminded me of jungle leaves, so I thought they'd be a good background for the elephant and Sherlock.

      Delete

01 09 10