Saturday, March 11, 2023

Positive reinforcement cards


Hi.  MEL PILLING here with a quad of smooshed cards, using Katzelkraft stamp's to give someone a little lift.


I began by stamping several PRISM INK PADS  onto my craft surface and adding a spray of water to each.  I gently stirred the ink in each colour on the surface with a clean finger so that I didn’t have a square design once smooshing.  I dabbed the card into the inks then I dried with a hairdryer or a heat gun.  Then I dabbed again.  I repeated this process until I was happy with the colour mixtures. I left some white spaces, (always difficult for me).  For this step, I used Prism ink pads in Red chilli , Orange zest , Canary yellowEvergreen , Spring MeadowOcean spray, and Peacock green .

 I stamped my Katzelkraft birds using Versafine Claire ink in  Nocturne onto my cards.  Then stamped them again on clean mixed media card to fussy cut, watercolour and glue on later.  I stamped the Lavinia leaves and branches in Versafine Claire inks using Nocturne, Summertime , Tulip red and  Blue belle.  Then I darkened  the corners of the cards with a. Lavinia stencil brush  using Elements ink. In Dark denim .  I then highlighted the branches with a white gel pen. 

KATZELKRAFT STAMPS USED


Katzelkraft birds KAT151

LAVINIA STAMPS USED







I had a lot of fun using this ( new to me ) smooshing technique.  I hope you give it a try. Have fun. See you soon. 🥰🥰



No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10