Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Playful Scenery with AALL & Create

 

Hi friends! I found some gorgeous ephemera in the Topflight store by AALL & Create, called Play Pops, and decided to create a scene card using them and a playful mixed media background! 

I've always struggled with scene cards, so I have found a "way around" the typical ones! Who says it has to look like a typical outdoor scene! As long as it looks cohesive, that's what matters! Hopefully I can spark your creativity with this unique scene card!

I started with the pretty blue background you see in the photo below! I created it using Paper Artsy Fresco paint in Turqouise, a gelli plate, and Carabell Studios Ronds texture plate! You can see the details up close in the photo below! What I like about this background is that it's interesting but won't compete with my focal point! 


Once my background was finished, I trimmed it with my deckle paper trimmer, along with a larger piece of black cardstock (I like how it frames the background). I adhered both layers to a white 5.5x4.25 card base. Next up, building my scene! 

I pulled several pieces from the colorful Play Pops ephemera pack by AALL & Create and placed them where I wanted them before adhering everything down. I grounded the flowers, bird, and cats by placing them on top of the banner. This helped them find a home rather than floating in the air on the card panel. Then I worked on the sun and clouds above them. I made sure to keep enough space behind the scenery so that the pretty blue background peeked through! You don't want your scenery to be too busy because the eyes won't know where to look. When everything was exactly where I wanted it, I adhered it all down with liquid glue. Then I added glossy accents over the eyes and sequins over the flowers for a bit of shine. That was it for this scene card! 


I have learned to truly enjoy scenery cards now that I allow myself to be creative with what it looks like. Let the imagination of your recipient go wild with your create scenes! Thanks for stopping by! 

SUPPLIES USED: 











No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10