Saturday, March 18, 2023

Hello Gorgeous with Lavinia Stamps

 Hello! Alanna here and I'm happy to be back on the Topflight Stamps blog bringing you a pair of fun cards featuring both stamps and sprays from Lavinia Stamps.

To get started, I took the Kingsfisher and Pinkella Mystical Mist prays from Lavinia and created my own backgrounds using them. I wish the photos could capture the shimmer in these sprays - they are just so pretty in real life. I used these sprays on another set of cards here if you didn't see those.

I used watercolor card stock for my backgrounds and started by spraying the backgrounds with water first so that when I added the sprays, they would automatically move some. I did a few layers and dried in between them. When I was happy with them, I sat them aside to dry and got to work on the rest of the cards.

I took the beautiful Woodland Sprite image from Lavinia and stamped it with Versafine Claire Nocturne ink onto heavyweight white card stock. I then used my Scan n' Cut to cut out the images. I added foam squares to the back of the images and then set them aside for a moment.

I went back to my background panels and trimmed them down just a bit and then stamped the sentiments which are from my stash. I added the stamped background to black card stock leaving a thin border. I then added these to white notecards that measure about 3.5 x 6 inches.

I removed the backings from the foam squares and added the Woodland Sprite images onto the cards. I finished the cards off by adding in some pearls. Wouldn't these be so fun to send as a just because to a girlfriend to brighten her day? 

You can find products used on these cards here in the Topflight Stamps store
Crafty hugs! ~ Alanna

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10